The Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique (MESRS) has recently signed a Read + Publish agreement with the American Chemical Society (ACS).
As part of a national subscription with the “Read & Publish” model, the CNUDST offers Tunisian researchers specialized in chemistry and derived sciences the possibility not only to access all ACS journals, but also to publish there for free in Open Access.
Thereby, you can submit your articles in one of the ACS journals according to normal submission process and request a funding by referring to the guide: Open Access Funding Request Quick Reference Guide and the ACS tutorial and videos.
Important to know:
- As part of this agreement, which ends on 31st March 2023, 30 tokens are available for articles that will be accepted by the end of 2022.
- The tokens will be granted through the CNUDST at the request of the corresponding author once his article has been validated for publication by the ACS. They are used on a “first ordered, first approved” basis.
- For each article published under this program, one (1) Token will be considered used; which is an opportunity to publish 30 Tunisian articles at ACS.
- Tokens advantage is that the MESRS pays for the Article Processing Charges (APC). The author(s) has nothing to pay or to be sponsored by his own institution for the article publication.
- The tokens are offered to all researchers affiliated to a MESRS institution with the essential condition of being a corresponding author.
- The corresponding author is the one who manages the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process and who has the authority to act on behalf of all co-authors regarding the publication of the manuscript.
- It is strongly recommended that the corresponding author uses an institutional email address. This will allow him to save time and avoid an administrative process identification of the corresponding author during the request processing and validation supported by the CNUDST.
The CNUDST is of course at your disposal to assist you in this process.